Dale County has one of the lowest median property tax rates in the country. The average annual property tax paid by Dale County residents amounts to around 0.56 percent of their yearly income.
Tax Advantages Highlights for Businesses:
- No Inventory Taxes
- No Impact Fees
- Property Tax Abatements on Equipment and Real Estate for up to 15 years
- Sales and Use Tax Abatements for Equipment and Construction Materials Purchases
- Corporations’ income tax is based on net taxable income derived only from business conducted within the state determined by applying a four-factor formula of property, payroll, and double-weighted sales to total net income.
- Corporate income tax rate of 6.5 percent (individuals taxed at a rate of 5 percent).
- Full deduction for all federal income taxes apportioned to Alabama, creating a significantly reduced net effective rate.
- 15-year carry forward of net operating loss.
- Constitutional limit of the state millage rate, on both real and personal property, to 6.5 mills, of which three are dedicated to education.
- Business property, both real and personal, taxed on 20 percent of fair market value.
- Inventories and goods-in-process are not taxed. Pollution control equipment is statutorily exempt from property taxation.
- Exemption of all tangible personal property warehoused in Alabama for shipment to a destination outside the state.