Ozark Technology Center For Developing Industry
"Your next idea could be Dale County’s next growth industry."
The Ozark Technology Center, also known as “The Incubator,” has a mission to provide an environment conducive to the success and growth of new and expanding businesses, to create regional employment opportunities, and to diversify the regional economy. Affordable office spaces, manufacturing bays, and docking area are available.
The goal is to grow your company in a low-risk atmosphere toward “graduation” into a traditional business location. Clients typically graduate in one to five years; firms on average spend 2.3 years in an incubation program. Ultimately, your business becomes a viable part of the community, potentially creating jobs, revitalizing neighborhoods, commercializing new technologies, and strengthening local and national economies.
Incubator Success Facts
- Business Incubators reduce the risk of small business failures. Historically, 87 percent of all companies graduating from incubators are still in business.
- Every 50 jobs created by an incubator client generate approximately 25 more jobs in the community.
- Companies grow an average of 400 percent during their incubator residency.
- Business incubators can reduce start-up costs by 40–50 percent.
- Incubators have been used successfully to transfer technology from university and corporate laboratories, diversify rural economies, and encourage homegrown job growth.
- North American incubators currently house more than 8,000 entrepreneurial firms and boast more than 4,500 successful “graduates.”
What Can “The Incubator” Do for You?
Our business incubation program accelerates the development of your entrepreneurial venture through support, resources, services, and low-cost rental space in an incubation facility.
Our multi-tenant incubator allows for:
- Flexible leases in a professional business environment
- Low overhead costs
- Affordable office spaces, manufacturing bays, and docking area
- Shared equipment and basic services such as utilities
- Positive networking opportunities among tenants
- Use of break room
- Use of conference rooms
The incubator management provides complimentary support through:
- Small business-related seminars
- One-on-one counseling from SBA to assist small and emerging businesses
- Access to small business loans
Incubator location advantages:
- Ample Parking
- Convenient location on Highway 231 South
Manufacturing Bays and Dock Area Specs:
- 15,630 sq. ft. of manufacturing space
- 16-foot eave height
- 10-foot roll up door in each bay
- Loading dock
- Energy efficient lighting
- Exhaust air fans/hoods
- Rolling fire door between bays
- Three-phase/ 208/120V
- Safety shower/eye wash
Office Spaces Specs
- Four - 295 square feet office suites
- Five - 149 square feet offices
- Two - 361 square feet office suites
“My time in the Ozark Technology Center was tremendous for allowing my business to grow while keeping overhead costs at a minimum. It was a safe and secure place with all the amenities that I needed. The Ozark-Dale County Economic Development team helped to transition me through the growth stage and into a stand-alone, fully functioning company.”
– Todd McGarvey, Globalstar Aerospace
“The Ozark Technology Center offered me flexible space and a professional business climate that was very important to my growing business.”
– George Harris, Harris Security Systems, Inc.
Access our brochure and information and application packet here:
Tech Center Information Packet